Who cares if Mother Nature hasn’t gotten the full memo? It’s still Fall! We’re waking up the tastebuds with this delicious and colorful pork roast recipe from Taste of Home. Just a little prep and then let your oven do the rest.
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (5 pounds)
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 small pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh sage or 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium baking apples, quartered
- Place roast in a large baking pan. Arrange potatoes, carrots, onions and pumpkin around roast. Add water to the pan. Sprinkle meat and vegetables with sage, salt and pepper; dot vegetables with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°; bake, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Place the apples around roast; cover and bake until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 45-60 minutes, basting every 30 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. If desired, thicken pan juices for gravy.