Taste of Home‘s beefy French onion potpie is easy to prepare and sure to be a big hit with your family. Combining ground beef, sauteed onions, gooey cheese, and mouthwatering buttermilk biscuits, this is a recipe that only takes 30 minutes from fridge to table. Perfect for evenings when you need a quick dinner or are desiring some comfort food.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in soup; bring to a boil.
- Transfer to an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with biscuits.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown.