Time Saving and rib-sticking, this One Pot Hamburger Helper Lasagna recipe is a guaranteed hit for a cold weather, weeknight, family meal. Recipe adapted from Jo’s Kitchen.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 8 ounce mafalda pasta uncooked
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons parsley fresh, chopped for garnish
- Cook the beef. In a large skillet cook the ground beef over medium heat until it's no longer pink and starts to brown. Drain off any excess fat, if needed. If using extra lean ground beef there won't be any excess fat to drain.
- Incorporate onion, garlic and seasoning. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the skillet and stir. Season with salt and pepper, Italian seasoning and cook until the onion gets soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add liquids and pasta. Add the marinara sauce, pasta, chicken broth and stir everything together. Bring to a boil then turn the heat down to low. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through, most of the sauce should be absorbed as well.
- Finish the dish. Stir in the cheese and cook for another 30 seconds to a minute until the cheese melts.
- Garnish and serve. Garnish with parsley and serve.