It’s the best of both worlds. This recipe for Taco-Rubbed Flank Steak gives a sophisticated platform for a familiar taste. Take the flavor of a taco and pair it with the texture and presentation of a flank steak. It’s from thespruceeats.com and is a simple way to impress your family and friends. Some great side dishes for this recipe include rice and beans, or even a small side salad. It takes about 40 minutes from start to finish and yields four servings.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (crumbled)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Juice of 1 medium lime
- 2 pounds flank steak (all visible fat removed)
- Heat grill on high or heat broiler on high.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons chili powder, 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1 teaspoon dried crumbled oregano, 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- Squeeze juice of 1 medium lime over flank steak and rub juice into the meat. Completely coat with rub mixture.
- Grill steak or broil 5 to 6 inches from heat until desired doneness (about 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare to 15 minutes per side for well-done).