We’re in that time of year when warm weather is just around the corner, but there’s still a bit of chill in the air. That’s why this recipe for Aloha Chili from tasteofhome.com is the perfect combination of heat and sweet. It’s a great way to use your beef CSA. This recipe serves eight and takes about 30 minutes to prepare.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through.