This hearty Autumn Beef and Cider Stew marries two of our favorite things — Beef and Apple Cider — to create a fall meal anyone can fall in love with. This recipe is adapted from Beef Loving Texans.
- 2 pounds Stew Meat
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed french onion soup
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Cook bacon in stockpot over medium heat until crisp; remove with slotted spoon to paper-towel-lined plate. Brown 1/2 of Beef Stew Meat in bacon drippings over medium heat; remove from stockpot. Repeat with remaining beef; season with salt and pepper.
- Return beef and bacon to stockpot. Add soup and cider; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1–1/2 hours.
- Add sweet potatoes and cranberries to stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; continue simmering, covered, 20 to 30 minutes or until beef and potatoes are fork-tender.