Just in time for tailgating season, this Big Game Fritos® Pie recipe is perfect for game day. Whether you’re watching the NFL or catching up on your favorite college team, this recipe is warm, filling, and convenient. It provides 42 grams of protein and makes eight servings. Bring over your friends and family for a taste of this fun treat. Use your CSA beef for this recipe from beefitswhatsfordinner.com.
- 2 pounds Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups beer (12 ounce can)
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal or masa harina
- 8 bags (1 to 2 ounces) FRITOS® Corn Chips
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat large Dutch oven over high heat until hot.
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and ground beef.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stir occasionally.
- Work in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding the pan and stewing the beef in it’s own juices. Remove beef; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil over high heat. Add onion; cook until evenly browned.
- Add cooked ground beef, chili powder, cumin, garlic and cayenne powder. Season with salt, as desired. Stir until combined.
- Stir in beer, tomatoes and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, cook 1 hour until chili thickens.
- Stir in cornmeal. If chili becomes too thick, add a little water. If chili is not thick enough, simmer until desired consistency is reached.
- Slice or fold open bags; spoon beef chili on top FRITOS® Corn Chips. Top each bag with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese. Allow to melt slightly, then serve and enjoy.