Serve up these classic grilled burgers on toasted brioche buns with a side of potato salad and chips at your next summer cookout. Recipe adapted from Once Upon a Chef.
- 3 lbs. ground beef
- 2 slices of classic white bread, diced
- 1/4 white onion, diced
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 8 brioche burger buns
- toppings as desired: American cheese, sliced white onion, sliced Roma tomatoes, lettuce, and any fixings
- Set aside a large mixing bowl to mix together ingredients for hamburger patties and a baking sheet lined with parchment to lay out each patty.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash together diced bread with milk until it forms a paste. Add minced garlic, diced white onion, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Add the ground beef and mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Preheat the grill. While waiting, shape the beef mixture into 8 individual patties and line your parchment paper with hamburger patties.
- Cook each burger on the grill until your desired temperature, 4 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Add American cheese to any burgers while they're on the grill.
- Serve up with brioche buns and your choice in toppings and sides.