A simple corned beef recipe done the Genuine Food Company way!
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 teaspoon saltpepper (not necessary, it just gives the corned beef that pink color)
- 1 beef brisket, about 2lbs
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1.5 tablespoons pickling spices
- 4 bay leaves
- Boil water, add salt(s), let cool.
- Place thawed brisket in tupperware container and in pour salt water so it fully covers meat.
- Add garlic, pickling spice and bay leaves. Place tupperware lid on container, making certain that the meat is submerged. You might place a plate on the meat to weigh it down.
- Put the container in the fridge or a cool place for three weeks.
- The meat should be turned in 1 1/2 weeks. Again be certain the meat is submerged. It is critical that the meat always be covered in salt brine!
- Cook the brisket the way you normally would when you buy corned beef from the market.