Warm up this February with a Sunday Steak recipe for two from Food52 that’s topped with sizzling garlic and shallot butter.
- 2 1 lb. steaks
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1 stick butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 tbs. fresh parsley or less, to taste
- 2 tsp. finely-minced garlic
- 1 tsp. finely-minced shallot
- white pepper, to taste
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- Season the steaks with kosher salt and white pepper to taste.
- Let steaks come to room temperature about an hour before cooking.
- In a separate bowl, melt butter with herbs, lemon juice, shallot, garlic, and some cracked white pepper.
- Bring a cast iron skillet to medium-high heat, adding enough oil to coat the pan.
- Cook each steak individually, one by one. Cook the first steak on both sides until caramelized, or your desired temperature.
- Repeat the process with the second steak.
- Top steaks with melted butter and serve with your choice of side dishes, either ravioli or mini Yukon golds.