One of the most versatile and family-friendly ways to use your beef is with these easy homemade meatballs. They’re so versatile because once you make them, you can add them to any dish you’d like, including pasta, sandwiches, or even soup. This recipe from The Spruce Eats only takes about 15 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to cook. It yields about four servings so if you’d like to make more, simply double your ingredients.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup onion (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl combine the egg, water, bread crumbs, onion, salt, and pepper and combine.
- Add the ground beef that has been broken into chunks, and mix gently, but thoroughly, with your hands to combine.
- Form this mixture into meatballs about 1-inch in diameter and place on a broiler pan or a pan with sides topped with a wire rack.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 to 30 minutes until meatballs register 165 F on a meat thermometer.
- When they are frozen or have finished baking, use in your favorite recipe.