Instead of the traditional pork chops and apple sauce, here’s a unique twist on that famous concept. Glazed smoked chops with pears is the perfect combination of savory and a hint of sweet. This recipe from tasteofhome.com is great for four people and only takes a total of 30 minutes for prep and cook time. One serving is about 313 calories and 22 grams of protein.
- 4 smoked boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large ripe pears, cut into 1-inch wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°. In an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops on both sides; remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat oil over medium heat; saute onion until tender, 3-5 minutes. Add wine, vinegar and honey; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return chops to pan; top with pears. Transfer to oven; bake until pears are tender, 10-15 minutes.