Start the new year off right with this hearty and healthy beef chili recipe adapted from Ambitious Kitchen that’s packed with lean ground beef.
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 packet of McCormick's Chili Seasoning
- 1 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 15 oz. cans of dark red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 15 oz. can of sweet corn (rinsed and drained)
- extra toppings: tortilla strips, sour cream, sliced jalapeño, avocado, cilantro, shredded colby jack cheese (to taste)
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic, and red pepper. Stir frequently until browned.
- Add in ground beef, break up, and cook til evenly browned.
- Add McCormick's Chili Seasoning and stir into the ground beef mixture.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes, sweet corn, red kidney beans, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30-45 minutes or longer, if desired.
- Add chili to serving bowl and top with desired extra toppings. Enjoy!