If you’re looking for a gourmet Christmas Eve dinner, this herb and butter roasted beef tenderloin from How Sweet Eats is guaranteed to be a showstopper for your family.
- 1 3 lb. beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1-2 tbsp of kosher salt
- 1 tbsp of freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 bunch of fresh sage
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch of fresh thyme
- 6 tbsp of butter (for melting)
- Tie the beef tenderloin with butcher’s twine so it can roast evenly.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper.
- Let the tenderloin sit, uncovered, overnight in the fridge.
- Pull the beef tenderloin from the fridge an hour before cooking so that it can reach room temperature.
- Add fresh herbs to the beef tenderloin to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 225F.
- Place the beef in the center rack of the oven and roast for 3 hours for a 3 lb. tenderloin. With a meat thermometer, the internal temperature should reach 120 - 125F.
- Set the beef aside for 10 minutes to cool. While the meat is cooling, melt 6 tbps of butter in a large skillet.
- Pour butter over beef tenderloin.
- Serve alongside homemade mashed potatoes and cooked green beans for a complete meal!