One of the many perks of having a Meat CSA subscription is the ability to experiment with a wide variety of cuisines. Sure, you can always grill up a steak or make a grass fed burger, but every now and then it can be fun to expand your palette a bit. One dish that we highly recommend is Korean BBQ Beef. If you’ve never had Korean BBQ Beef, you’re missing out! Full of flavor and spices that are bound to be a hit for your family and friends. We recently came across this recipe from All Recipes. Don’t just take our word for it, give it a try!
- 1lb Beef Top Sirloin, Thinly Sliced
- 6 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Pear - peeled, cored, and minced
- 2 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon seasame seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large plastic bag, combine beef with garlic, pear, green onions, soy sauce, sugar, seasame oil, rice wine, sesame seeds, fresh ginger, and ground black pepper. Seal and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source. Brush oil over grill pan. Place beef on pan. Cook, turning to brown evenly, fro 3 to 6 minutes, or until done.