Take your tastebuds on a culinary vacation to the Mediterranean with this pork and orzo recipe from Taste of Home. With only a handful of ingredients needed, this dish is a great one to keep in your back pocket for a busy weeknight or relaxed weekend. If you’d like to add an extra bit of flavor, squeeze a bit of fresh lemon juice over the mixture.
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 quarts water
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Rub pork with pepper; cut into 1-in. cubes. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork; cook and stir until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Stir in orzo and salt; cook, uncovered, 8 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook until orzo is tender and spinach is wilted, 45-60 seconds longer. Drain.
- Add tomatoes to pork; heat through. Stir in orzo mixture and cheese.