This month’s recipe from Taste of Home is one likely familiar to life-long residents of the Mid-Atlantic: Salisbury steak with egg noodles. Paired with savory brown onion gravy, the pan-fried beef patties are mouthwatering and easy to cook.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted, divided
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 6 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a large bowl, combine egg, 1/3 cup of soup, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Add beef; mix gently. Shape into six oval patties. Brown in a skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside; discard drippings.
- In the skillet, combine flour and water until smooth; add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and remaining soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Return patties to skillet. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve patties and gravy over noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired.