This steakhouse beef kebab recipe from Kitchn conjures up the best parts of an evening out. Full of garlicky goodness and tender meat, pair this one-pan meal with a green salad, light some candles, and make it a special evening.
- 1 1/2 pounds New York strip steak, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 pound halved baby potatoes, parboiled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (10-inch) skewers (soaked for at least 30 minutes if wooden)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Heat a grill to high, direct heat.
- Toss the steak, onion, potatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Thread onto the skewers, about 9 pieces per skewer.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on the grill. Add the garlic and simmer until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the garlic butter from the grill.
- Oil the grill grates. Place the skewers on the grill, cover, and cook until the beef is seared and cooked to desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side, occasionally brushing both sides of the skewer with the garlic butter.