These nuoc cham-inspired meatballs from the NYT Cooking are perfect for warmer spring evenings. Use the meatballs to fill lettuce cups topped with fresh basil or cilantro. Alternatively, if you want a heartier meal, boil some white rice and top it with your creation.
Tip: Leftover meatballs freeze well and can be reheated in the oven at 375 degrees until warmed through (about 20 minutes).
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (from about 3 large cloves)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup finely crushed Ritz crackers (12 crackers)
- 1 pound ground pork
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and use your hands to gently mix.
- Shape the meat into 12 golf-ball-size rounds (about 2 inches in diameter) and arrange on a greased rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until golden and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.